The rest of my Streisand content will be migrated from old site eventually.
See Streisand category too.
Favorite Barbra Quotes:
- If I would of know there were so many people on the two sides of me, I would have had my nose fixed!…. Never
- I arrived in Hollywood without having my nose fixed, my teeth capped, or my name changed. That is very gratifying to me.
- A human being is only interesting if he’s in contact with himself. I learned you have to trust yourself, be what you are, and do what you ought to do the way you should do it. You have got to discover you, what you do, and trust it.
- I was a personality before I became a person. I am simple, complex, generous, selfish, unattractive, beautiful, lazy and driven.
- Men are allowed to have passion and commitment for their work . . . a woman is allowed that feeling for a man, but not her work.
- Success to me is having ten honeydew melons, and eating only the top half of each one.
- The malignant neglect of the last twelve years has led to breakdown of our country’s immune system, environmentally, culturally, politically, spiritually and physically.
- They’re called “angels” because they’re in heaven until the reviews come out.
- What is exciting is not for one person to be stronger than the other . . . but for two people to have met their match and yet they are equally as stubborn, as obstinate, as passionate, as crazy as the other.
- Why does a woman work ten years to change a man’s habits and then complain that he’s not the man she married?
- What does it mean when people applaud? . . . Should I give ‘em money? Say thank you? Lift my dress? The “lack” of applause — that I can respond to.